U.S. Bank Risk Advisory Manager - Elavon in North Little Rock, Arkansas
A leader in the payments industry, Elavon provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than one million merchants around the world. Elavon is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Elavon provides end-to-end payment processing services to merchants and financial institutions in the United States, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and throughout Europe.
Our payment products are supported by the most reliable network in the industry and include credit and debit card processing, electronic check services, gift cards, dynamic currency conversion, multi-currency support, and cross-border acquiring.
We handle every aspect of the acquiring relationship—transaction processing, risk and underwriting, settlement, equipment deployment, chargeback management, reporting, and customer service.
Our customers can also count on us to keep their payment processing compliant with changing payment security requirements.
Elavon employs about 3,600 people located worldwide. Together, we support more than one million clients spread among the retail, restaurant, hospitality, government, healthcare, education, and e-commerce sectors.
Elavon utilizes a white-label branding model, and we work with strong partners to market our services through a variety of sales channels, including large financial institutions, community banks, trade associations, government agencies, and ISOs/MSPs. We are the:
#1 airline processor
#2 hospitality processor
#4 U.S. acquirer, based on bank card volume
#6 European acquirer
Elavon’s Global Acquiring Solutions organization is part of U.S. Bank’s Payment Services division. U.S. Bancorp is the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States.
Elavon’s Risk & Control organization leads all operational, regulatory and risk strategies to ensure compliance for Elavon globally.
Elavon is currently seeking a Risk Advisory Manager to support continued implementation of risk oversight programs for third party partners to ensure rapid speed to market while identifying and mitigating operational risks in alignment with company policies (ie.Third party risk management (TPRM), Business change risk assessment policies; among others).
This position reports to the organization’s First Line of Defense risk team and requires an individual who is able to work independently, with minimal supervision and take initiative to research and develop solutions to problems.
The Risk Advisory manager will be responsible for obtaining knowledge of assigned business line contacts, specialties, and specific third parties to best support the identification of risk and facilitating the third party risk management processes.
The Manager will master related regulatory oversight and company TPRM policies and standards to ensure adequate and effective risk oversight implementation.
Principal components of this role include:
• Design and implementation of third party risk management oversight programs for partners based on analysis and knowledge of partner risk profiles. This role will be focused on Ecommerce and Integrated payments partners across all verticals. Implementation requires detail-orientation and project management experience.
• Demonstrate expert understanding of risk and controls when designing programmatic controls to mitigate potential risks posed by these third party relationships.
• Develop necessary program documentation including risk & controls matrices, process flows, procedural documents, etc.
• Develop relationships with business line contacts and subject matter risk experts from the Second Line of Defense to ensure effective and efficient execution of the company’s third party risk management processes.
• Maintain an understanding of existing and emerging regulatory and legal guidance and its impact on existing processes.
• Serves as a functional liaison between the Line of Business and Risk management (lines of defense) and acts as ambassador for risk management within the business line.
• Participates in regulation or legislation driven reviews
• Produce detailed, accurate and meaningful reporting for inclusion in materials provided to management and Second Line of Defense contacts to support the execution of their governance and decision making duties
• Builds strong and effective relationships throughout the organization
• Collaborates within wider Risk and Control team to aid implementation of risk management initiatives
• Participates in other ad hoc projects as necessary
• Applicants should have a Bachelors or Master's degree, or equivalent work experiencein a relevant subject. Masters and / or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage
• 5-8 years of experience within financial services; 4-6 years of experience within risk management, preferably in a global organization
• Incumbent has an advanced to expert understanding of risk and controls; must possess an awareness of internal controls and risk management and be able to conduct analysis of banking products, systems, and processes/ procedures
• Advanced communication and influencing skills; ability to collaborate and build trust with management
• Demonstrable professional integrity and a strong work ethic
• Advanced proficiency in MS applications (Excel, Power Point, Word); Working knowledge of Archer preferred
• Financial services industry experience with considerable knowledge of risk management associated with Payment Services/Credit Card industry knowledge including merchant acquiring. Experience of working knowledge of E-commerce and Integrated Payments verticals.
• Third party risk management experience
• Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills
• Ability to research and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Knowledge of laws and regulations covering financial services consumer products and services
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong PC skills and computer support system knowledge, MS Office Suite, and Archer eGRC
• Proven leadership skills including management and coaching of staff
• Understanding of risk associated with an international company
• Advanced understanding of risk theory, control frameworks, applicable financial services industry trends, laws and regulations; and impact of government legislation and regulation on business
• Professional Certification such as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor
Some travel is required – up to 20% including internationally
Job: Compliance / Quality Control
Primary Location: Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180008258
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.