Sirius Computer Solutions Managed Services Power Systems Engineer – IBM AIX in Little Rock, Arkansas
Requisition Number J17-0306
Title Managed Services Power Systems Engineer – IBM AIX
Description ou’ve invested time and hard work to get where you are, and you want to work alongside people who’ve done the same and will motivate you to be better every day. You are looking to be challenged and grow professionally, and you need to be valued and recognized for your contributions.
If this is you, Sirius is for you. Sirius helps companies become more competitive by taking advantage of technology solutions across the data center and throughout the enterprise. We focus on best-of-breed IT solutions that are built on today's leading technologies, from the world's top technology innovators, and delivered by certified technology experts.
This position has primary responsibility for
• Operating system installation and upgrades
• Installation and configuration of various software packages
• Ordering and installation of patches and fixes
• Problem analysis, documentation, root-cause analysis, and creation of incident reports
• Troubleshooting, problem resolution, maintenance, and support
• Performing cost analysis and technical reviews of customer environments
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform platform-specific technical tasks including operating system upgrades, installation and configuration of various software packages, installation of patches and fixes
• Perform problem analysis and documentation, root-cause analysis, and create incident reports
• Perform detailed troubleshooting for complex system engineering issues
• Perform design, creation, implementation and documentation of system and application monitoring
• Perform design, creation, implementation, and troubleshooting of automation scripts using various industry-standard languages as needed.
• Perform migrations and due-diligence documentation for new Sirius Managed Services customers
• Perform maintenance tasks relating to DoubleTake and PowerHA, including patching, audit review and repair, configuration modifications, and role swap/switch processing
• Work with account management personnel to participate on conference calls and perform tasks in support of the client relationship
• Coordinate with team with pre-sales questions regarding existing customer base
• Work with IBM and other vendors to resolve customer issues
• Act as a liaison among management, engineering, administration, and operations groups
• Provide guidance and on-the-job training to less experienced personnel
• Provide on-call support in a defined rotation schedule
• Interact with clients and vendors in a professional and collaborative manner
Requirements Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
• At least five (5) years Information technology experience, including implementation work experience with multiple AIX solutions
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Other Required Qualifications
• Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting and maintenance of environments running the IBM AIX operating system
• Demonstrated experience in technical support environment
• Demonstrated experience with Mimix for AIX (fka DoubleTake), PowerHA
• Demonstrated experience with the IBM AIX operating system (supported versions)
• Demonstrated experience with Virtual I/O Server (VIOS)
• Demonstrated experience with IBM Power Systems servers
• Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP concepts, including but not limited to: routing, FTP, NAT, DNS
• Demonstrated experience with Hardware Management Console (HMC) and logical partitioning
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Completion of certifications related to job role available from IBM
o IBM Enterprise Technical Support for AIX and Linux or current equivalent
o IBM AIX/Linux Virtualization or current equivalent
o IBM High Availability for AIX Technical Support and Administration
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The primary duties, responsibilities and position requirements listed above are not all-inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify. Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.